ULTRA THIN SILICONE FILM
Complimenting our extensive range of Silicone rubber sheeting, we are pleased to announce that we are now distributing a new range of Ultra Thin Silicone Film manufactured by Wacker Chemie GmbH.
The new ELASTOSIL® Film range of thin, 100% silicone films is a new form of presentation that greatly extends the reach of high tech silicone technology and offers pioneering, key advantages.
New: Thin and Precise Silicone Films
Produced from addition curing silicone rubber grades in a patent pending process, ELASTOSIL® Film products from WACKER are silicone roll-stock films available in thicknesses as low as 20 micrometers.
These 100% silicone films are manufactured under cleanroom conditions, which yields extremely homogeneous, flawless films of uniform thickness. The film thickness across the entire width and length of the film web deviates from the specification by no more than plus or minus 5 percent. At the same time, ELASTOSIL® Film products display all of the characteristics typical of silicone elastomers. This combination provides the key to technical applications that manufacturers have had difficulty achieving on an industrial scale, if at all.
PROPERTIES OF ELASTOSIL® FILM
- Highly elastic, low modulus
- Consistent layer thickness as low as 20 µm
- Constant mechanical and electrical properties over long periods
- High specific resistivity
- Resistant to oxygen, ozone and ultraviolet radiation
- High dielectric strength
- Heat resistant up to 200°C
- Low glass transition temperature
- Low-temperature flexibility down to approx. -45°C
- Chemically inert
- High gas and water-vapour permeability
ELASTOSIL® Film: Ideal for EAPs ...
ELASTOSIL® Film is especially suited for use as a dielectric medium in applications
that employ electroactive polymers (EAPs), such as:
• Actuator technology (“artificial muscle”)
• Generator technology (energy harvesting)
• Sensor technology (“smart sensing”)
... and beyond EAP
Since the novel ELASTOSIL® silicone films are highly transparent, chemically inert
and highly permeable to gas and water vapour, even completely new applications
in electronics, packaging, protective films and functional membranes are possible.
Please see the link below to the full product information