BF1000 Sponge Strip
BF1000 flame retardant silicone foam strips (extra-soft density). These strips are supplied in 10, 6 or 3m lengths depending on the thickness. The softness of this sponge requires less compression while still allowing for a protectives seal.
This is an ideal choice for sealing outdoor enclosures, protecting electronics from shock and heat and for vibration isolation and cushioning applications. High compressibility allows the sponge to conform to awkward shapes and variable width gaps.
Excellent memory and low stress relaxation as well as resistance to UV, ozone and extreme temperatures allows superior performance in all environments. The closed cell structure protects against penetration from dust, moisture and air.
This product is available in widths of 5-30mm and thicknesses of 1.6-25.4mm, supplied in 4 different lengths as follows;
From: €72,41 Inc. VAT €72,41 Ex. VAT
Details & Specs
BISCO BF-1000 Extra Soft Cellular Silicone is a highly flame resistant material, ideal for sealing outdoor enclosures, protecting electronics from shock and heat and providing cushioning and vibration isolation. BF-1000 silicone’s excellent memory and low stress relaxation reduces maintenance costs from gasket failures caused by compression set and softening. Its extra softness allows designers to use less force to seal enclosures while still protecting devices from the environment. This material offers superior vibration isolation in electronic components and transportation vehicles. BF-1000 is also ideal for use in environmental seals to protect against penetration of dust, moisture, air or light within outdoor enclosures such as lighting fixtures, HVAC units and electronic cabinets.
- Available in thicknesses from 0.063 to 1.0 in.
- Typical density of 12 PCF
- CFD range of 1-5 PSI
- Resistant to UV, ozone, extreme temperatures, flame, heat and vibration
- Available with pressure-sensitive adhesive on one or two sides, allowing easy surface application
- Highly adaptable to various environments
- FDA compliant
- Softness allows protective seals that use less force
- High compressibility enables material to conform to variable width gaps, allowing greater design flexibility
- Reduces maintenance costs associated with gasket failures due to compression set and softening