Silicone sponge and foam strips offer the same environmental stability and chemical and temperature resistance as solid silicone, but with the benefit of extra pliability and excellent compression set, making it ideal for sealing and gasketing applications, particularly where protection from dust ingress and vibration dampening are required.
Silicone rubber sponge strips can be quickly and inexpensively supplied slit from stock sheeting in almost any size and a range of densities, in a variety of material grades and colours. If a ‘skin’ is required on all four sides, sponge strips can also be extruded.
Specialist applications can be catered for with our range of stocked sponges and foams, such as the Rogers and Bisco ranges, popular in the aerospace and automotive industries for their flame retardant, low-smoke and low-toxicity properties, which can be slit to virtually any size.
All strips can be supplied with pressure sensitive adhesive backing in just a few extra days.
Silicone strip can either be extruded or slit from sheeting, depending on the application and requirements. Strip can be slit from any of our stock sheeting to tight tolerances in a matter of days, offering a fast, economical choice for the majority of applications.
For more specialist applications, where suitable sheeting isn’t held in stock, we can extrude silicone strip to your exact specifications.
- SIL16 sponge strips – medium density sponge, available slit from sheet or extruded. Extruded sponge strip has the benefit of a ‘skin’ on all four sides, making it easy to wipe clean and adding extra protection against dust ingress, but is typically more expensive than the equivalent slit from sheet.
- SIL16 sponge strips slit from sheet – similar to the above, but slit from sheeting which is a cheaper alternative with similar properties. Only has skin on two of the four sides making it a bit more susceptible to dust and dirt.
- SIL15 FDA sponge strips – extruded medium density FDA grade sponge.
- BF1000 & HT800 – flame retardant, low smoke, low toxicity sponges and foams popular for sealing, gasketing and gap filling applications in aerospace and automotive industries.
Additional dimensions, colours, and special material grades are available and can be manufactured with MOQs from 25m in as little as 6 weeks.
- Suitable for temperatures of -60°C to +230°C as standard, with high and low temperatures available upon request.
- Excellent temperature and environmental resistance
- FDA Grades
- Flame Retardent Grades (UL94V0 or EN45545)
- Railway, Transport and Aerospace certified
Oops! We could not locate your form.