Silicone rubber strips (also known as tape) are useful for a variety of sealing and gap filling applications, particularly when resistance to chemical or environmental changes, such as extreme temperatures, is important.
MVQ stock strips, in solid and sponge silicone, in a variety of hardness’s, densities and material grades to suit all applications. When you require something outside of the range of our standard stock we can manufacture strip to your requirements or offer any of our sheeting slit down to the width you need.
Please enquire for bespoke pricing and current lead times.
Silicone strip can either be extruded or slit from sheeting, depending on the application and requirements. Strip can be slit from any of our stock sheeting to tight tolerances in a matter of days, offering a fast, economical choice for the majority of applications.
For more specialist applications, where suitable sheeting isn’t held in stock, we can extrude silicone strip to your exact specifications.
Sponge and foam options are also available; customers benefit from the choice of Rogers and Bisco flame retardant sponges and foams, or our own general purpose and FDA grades, all available in a variety of densities.
- Square sections – extruded solid silicone in 60° shore A hardness, available in a wide range of sizes.
- General purpose solid strip (slit from sheet) 60° – available in a range of shore hardnesses and colours
- General purpose solid strip (slit from sheet) 40°- available in a range of shore hardnesses and colours
- SIL16 sponge strips – medium density sponge, available slit from sheet or extruded. Extruded sponge strip has the benefit of a ‘skin’ on all four sides, making it easy to wipe clean and adding extra protection against dust ingress, but is typically more expensive than the equivalent slit from sheet.
- SIL16 sponge strips– Slit from Sheet
- SIL15 FDA sponge strips – medium density FDA grade sponge.
- BF1000 & HT800 – flame retardant, low smoke, low toxicity sponges and foams popular for sealing, gasketing and gap filling applications in aerospace and automotive industries.
Additional dimensions, colours, and special material grades are available and can be manufactured with MOQs from 25m. Please enquire for price and lead time.
- Suitable for temperatures of -40°C to +200°C as standard, with high and low temperatures available upon request.
- Slit variations suitable for temperatures of -60°C to +230°C.
- Excellent temperature and environmental resistance
- FDA Grades
- Flame Retardent Grades (UL94V0 or EN45545)
- Railway, Transport and Aerospace certified
- Lighting enclosures
- Sealing/gap filling
- Joined Rings
- Conveyor Belts
- Adhesive tape
Can we help you?
If you’d like to discuss your idea, requirements or application with a member of our technical team, fill out the form below or contact us.
"*" indicates required fields