Silicone rubber strips (also known as tape) are useful for a variety of sealing and gap filling applications, particularly where resistance to chemical or environmental changes, such as extreme temperatures is important.
Silex stocks strips in solid, sponge or foam silicones in a broad variety of hardnesses, densities and material grades to suit all applications.
Enquire Now Shop Products
Silicone strip can either be extruded or slit from sheeting, depending on the application and requirements. Strip can be slit from any of our stock sheeting to tight tolerances in a matter of days, offering a fast, economical choice for the majority of applications.
For more specialist applications, where suitable sheeting isn’t held in stock, we can extrude silicone strip to your exact specifications.
Sponge and foam options are also available; customers benefit from the choice of Rogers and Bisco flame retardant sponges and foams, or our own general purpose and FDA grades, all available in a variety of densities.
- Square sections – extruded solid silicone in 60° shore A hardness, available in a wide range of sizes.
- General purpose solid strip (slit from sheet) 60° – available in a range of shore hardnesses and colours
- General purpose solid strip (slit from sheet) 40°- available in a range of shore hardnesses and colours
- SIL16 sponge strips – medium density sponge, available slit from sheet or extruded. Extruded sponge strip has the benefit of a ‘skin’ on all four sides, making it easy to wipe clean and adding extra protection against dust ingress, but is typically more expensive than the equivalent slit from sheet.
- SIL16 sponge strips– Slit from Sheet
- SIL15 FDA sponge strips – medium density FDA grade sponge.
- BF1000 & HT800 – flame retardant, low smoke, low toxicity sponges and foams popular for sealing, gasketing and gap filling applications in aerospace and automotive industries.
Additional dimensions, colours, and special material grades are available and can be manufactured with MOQs from 25m in as little as 6 weeks.
- Suitable for temperatures of -40°C to +200°C as standard, with high and low temperatures available upon request.
- Slit strips are suitable for temperatures of -60°C to 230C°
- Excellent temperature and environmental resistance
- FDA Grades
- Flame Retardent Grades (UL94V0 or EN45545)
- Railway, Transport and Aerospace certified
Application and Use
- Lighting enclosures
- Sealing/gap filling
- Joined Rings
- Conveyor Belts
- Adhesive tape